Workshops for laypeople, click here
2013 All-New CEU Seminar Series!
Two new seminars to choose from!
(Both seminars include 5 hours of x-ray credits
CEU credits approved for DCs and Nurses.
LAc and PT licenses will be applied for March 2013
Registration 7:30 – 8:00 AM
Early Bird Price: $197. Includes notes. All prices for Heart and Bone seminars will go up to $210 one week prior to the start of the event.
If you want to make reservations by phone, for 12-CEU seminars, call 510 644-3038. For 6-CEU seminars, call 510 780-4508.
Dr. Simpson is a D.C. and a Certified Clinical (bone) Densitometrist. She specializes in osteoporosis, hormone balancing, heart health, digestive disorders and nutrition. She is a former Iyengar Yoga instructor and she has been practicing mindfulness meditation for 40 years. She is passionate about prevention of disease and how to deal with disease processes once they have been diagnosed.
- Osteoporosis diagnosis with bone density scans, CT scans and x-rays
- Differential diagnosis of bone diseases that may increase or decrease bone density.
- History taking of symptoms for men and woman including dietary history
- Basic physical exam including blood pressure, skin, hair and fingernail assessment. Palpation of thyroid gland.
- Laboratory findings for bone, heart and hormones
- Heart disease and the connection with our bones
- CPR review
- Digestive health and digestive disorders
- The hormone connection!
- 2 hours technique and supportive exercises
Dr. Simpson will present a PowerPoint presentation, videos and live demonstrations.
We will learn how to read and interpret bone density and CT scans and x-ray as it relates to osteoporosis. Diagnostic lab tests for heart and bone will be reviewed.
We will review how to take a good patient history and symptom assessment for both women and men. Physical exam techniques including, thyroid and abdominal palpation will be reviewed. Nutrition and exercise will be reviewed as a primary source of treatment.
What People Have Said About These Seminars