Dr. Simpson, D.C., D.C.D. is offering a new and exciting three-part public speaking training for professionals. The group size is limited to 10 people. Sign up today to guarantee your spot.
Over the years I have worked with professional speakers and facilitated groups on the process of mindful communication. Today, I blend my 20-year public speaking experience, with years of learning how to distill and manage content. I have worked with top marketing consultants, spiritual teachers and coaches to arrive where I am today, and I am ready to share what I have learned with you. I provide a safe environment to explore and engage with your most unique gifts.
Elements of a powerful presentation include:
- Full presence – connection with self and the audience = confidence
- Passion communicated by presenter
- Organized content – concise visuals and handouts
ONLY 10 people will be accepted for this training to ensure individual attention.
Dates: If you are interested in being on a list to find out when this course is offered email us here.
Reservations: Call 510-898-0933
Pre-training ½ hour interview/consult
This half hour phone or in-person consult will help you decide what content you want to present, and who your audience is. I will send a list of questions to guide you in this process.
Some of your talk options include
- 5-10 minute presentation on who you are and what you have to offer. This would be most valuable for a networking type of group.
- Professional material presentation. You already have your introduction of who you are but are ready to put together a presentation.
Day 1. Speaking, listening and support
- The first day will not involve any presentations and no preparation – this is a day to explore, in a safe environment, what it is like to be in front of the room as a speaker and as a listener in the audience.
- Mindfulness mediation – you will be guided in this process to observe body sensations as a preparation for speaking in front of the room.
- We will explore what it is like to be in front of a small, supportive audience. Each person will have the opportunity to be in front of the room. This gentle process incorporates observing body sensations. For instance, where in your body are you experiencing tensions or is your jaw tight?
- Each person will be videotaped when they are in front of the room.
The purpose of videotaping
The videotape is for your own viewing it will not be critiqued. The advantage of having a tape is to have an accurate rendering of your presentation. Typically, our self-critic remembers only what we don’t like. In this training you are encouraged to notice what you like about your presence. In this way we build on the positive attributes rather than the negative.
Day 2. Content and message
We will work in class in small groups producing the written material that you need for your presentation. Modalities you can choose from include:
- Notes – talking points for a networking form of meeting
- Flip chart
- Overhead projector
Mid-training individual ½ hour phone consult
- This ½ hour consult is designed to help you sharpen your message and answer any questions you may have.
Day 3. Putting it all together and graduation
- On our final day, you will deliver your presentation or partial presentation, depending on the length of your talk, and it will be videotaped.
“This workshop offers a safe invitation to speak with authenticity in a way that I find very precious”. Hadas Rin, PhD
“Thank you for a wonderful workshop. I feel more present and at ease when speaking or listening. For me, the changes have been profound.” Janet Smith
“This process has given me the opportunity to be my self in front of a group. Lani creates a very safe and supportive environment and I now have confidence when speaking one on one or in front of groups.” David Rittinger, DC
“Lani is a wonderful facilitator. Circles have helped me learn how to communicate what I really feel with friends and groups.” Helene Redmond, MFT
“The Speaking with Ease workshop has helped me experience the subtleties of feeling connected when speaking with friends or in front of groups. It really is talking meditation.” Galen El-Ascari, MPH
There is nothing to bring and no preparation. At the end of the evening you will be given a videotape of your time in front of group, which has proven to be an invaluable tool to work with at home.
Reserve your spot today!
Call: 510.898.0933 or send us an email