Speak with Ease Workshop
Over the years I have worked with professional speakers and facilitated groups on the process of mindful communication. I blend my 20-years of public speaking experience, with years of learning how to distill and manage content. I have worked with top marketing consultants, spiritual teachers and coaches to arrive where I am today, and I am ready to share what I have learned with you. Together we will provide a safe environment to explore and engage with your most unique gifts.
Date: If you wish to be on our waiting list send us an email at: DoctorLani@gmail.com
Location: Location to be announced
Reservations: 510 898-0933
Time: 10:00AM to 4:30PM
This one-day workshop is geared for those who wish to be able to speak in front of small or large groups. Everyone can benefit his or her career and personal life by being able to speak with ease.
Elements of a Powerful Presentation Include:
- Full presence – connection with self and the audience = confidence
- Passion – communicated by presenter
- Organized content – visuals and handouts for participants allows participants to relax
ONLY 10 people will be accepted for this training to ensure individual attention.
What to Expect
Speaking, Listening and Support
- There is nothing to bring or prepare for – this is a day to explore, in a safe environment, what it is like to be in front of the room as a speaker and as a listener in the audience.
- Mindfulness meditation – you will be guided in this process to observe body sensations as a preparation for speaking in front of the room.
- We will explore what it is like to be in front of a small, supportive audience. Each person will have several opportunities to be in front of the room. This gentle process incorporates observing body sensations. For instance, where in your body are you experiencing tensions – are your abdomen, shoulders or jaw tense? Connecting with the sensations is the first step to unraveling the anxiety of being seen, heard and embodying presence.
Each person will be videotaped when they are in front of the room. The videotape is for your own viewing, it will not be critiqued. The advantage of having a tape is to have an accurate rendering of your presentation. Typically, our self-critic remembers only what we don’t like. In this training you are encouraged to notice what you like about your presence. In this way we build on the positive attributes rather than the negative.