Dr. Lani's Blog
Dump the Junk! 2011 Cleanse Challenge
Most of us make New Year’s resolutions that concern health; lose weight, exercise more, eat less sugar, quit smoking etc. Probably one of the top resolutions is to lose weight. However, what is even more important than losing weight is to cultivate new habits and learn about conscious eating. Everyone can benefit from a balanced diet. My hope is that by developing a deeper connection with your food, you will never find yourself uttering these words again, “I am going on a diet”. When we get off the healthy-eating track, returning to good health is not about going on a diet, but rather eating whole foods and keeping processed foods to a minimum.
Dr. Simpson and certified nutritional consultant, Beth Gillespie are offering two 21-day cleanse programs in the convenience and comfort of your own home! While going to a group in person is nice, sometimes that option just doesn’t work out for your schedule. The great thing about this program is that all of the sessions will be taped in case you miss one.
This easy to follow 28-day (21-day cleanse) program includes:
- Guidelines to removing foods from your kitchen so you won’t be tempted
- Four on-line live group meetings with Dr. Simpson and consultant Beth Gillespie
- A detox guide
- A shopping list, meal ideas + some of Dr. Lani’s favorite recipes
- Weekly e-mail check-ins with Beth
- All products for the cleanse + meal replacements
- Food meditation practice led by Dr. Lani
These are the products you will receive for the program
All ingredients are hypoallergenic, gluten-free and dairy free.
- Cleanse blend – 14 different fibers – 2 scoops, 3 times/day
- Detox packets – you will take 2 detox packets/day
- Fiber powder – This blend of soluble and insoluble fibers from nature will aid regularity as well as move toxins out of the gastrointestinal tract quickly. Dose: 1 Tbs/day in water or with the cleanse blend.
- Meal replacement (14) starts the second week – 2 meals/day for two weeks
- Greens (95% active ) – A combination of vegetables, fruits and berries high in nutritional value that helps to alkalize the body. Dose: 1T/day in water or with to add to the cleanse blend
Once you sign up, you will receive a more detailed description of these products. I only work with companies that have a long track record and who utilize third party, random testing of their product line to ensure both quality and performance. Recently, I discovered that some websites that are selling these high quality products at a reduced rate are not the actual product but rather a bootlegged version – so it is important to know your source.
We will send all the products you need for the program and all of the written materials so that you can easily follow our presentations. You will not be charged shipping costs.
Complete Cleanse Program: $335
Includes all materials and all products for a 21-day cleanse
Save money and join with a friend – call our office for details and registration by phone – 510 898-0933
The typical cost for a program like this is easily $450-650 for only 3 weeks. Our 21-day program also includes an additional week of support. We are able to give you this great program for such a low price because this class is held online, which reduces our costs. The complete package contains everything you need! So if you already have some similar products, you can take them after the cleanse program. This program will help you get your year off to a great start!!!
Program Dates: All classes will be recorded
Thursday Afternoon Meetings
January 13 12: 00 – 1:30 PM
January 20 12: 00 – 1:00 PM
January 27 12: 00 – 1:00 PM
February 03 12: 00 – 1:00 PM
Benefits of our program
- Our online webinars allow you to enjoy this program in the convenience of your own home or office.
- Webinars are conducted in real time and they are easy and fun to attend. If you feel put off by the Internet, no worries we will help in whatever ways we can.
- If you do not have computer access you can attend via phone and you will have all the notes we cover to refer to.
- Beautiful slides are included to augment your learning experience.
- Class size is limited so there is room for individual attention.
- Live question and answer sessions
- Weekly email support
- Dietary guidance for the entire length of the program.
- Options at the end of the program to continue with support and additional learning experiences.
- Discount on consultations with Dr. Simpson if you have completed the cleanse program.
Here are some of the results you may experience
- More energy
- Clarity of the mind
- Improved ability to focus the mind
- Decreased allergy symptoms
- Improved digestion
- Reduced food cravings
- An overall sense of well-being
- Fewer feelings of anxiety and depression
- Decreased PMS symptoms
- Reduction of peri-menopause symptoms
- Less colds and flu
- A great jump start to successful weight loss
- Feelings of gratitude to yourself for having completed the program
No matter what illness you have, nutrition should be the foundation of your program.
How do I sign up?
Once you have purchased the program, you will be sent a questionnaire on your health to fill out. This is important because we sometimes ask you to clear your participation in the program with your doctor first.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Will I be able to have ongoing support after the 21-day program to make sure I keep on the right track?
Yes, you will be able to opt in to a special on-going support group led by Dr. Simpson.
We are exposed to so many toxins everyday, including some of the foods we eat on a daily basis. You know what I am talking about; sodas, coffee, alcohol, sugar and processed carbohydrates. You might feel nervous thinking about what toxins may be entering your body, but take a deep breath and know that we are here to support and guide you through the cleansing.
Can I eat food during the cleanse?
Absolutely! We will go over this during our first meeting plus you will receive detailed information about food intake.
I have an illness, is a cleanse okay for me?
If you have any doubts or questions, you should discuss this with your doctor.
Can I use my own supplements or fiber products?
For this program, the answer is no. Our program has been especially designed to optimize your results, so we use scientifically proven products that we know work well together. The products are carefully balanced and they are gluten-free, soy free and dairy free.
I have never attended a webinar – is it easy to attend?
Yes, you can attend by computer or if for some reason you cannot use a computer, you can also attend by phone. Directions on how to attend the webinar will be emailed to you before the meeting. If you call in by phone, you will not be able see the slide show, but you will have all the notes needed for the course in either case.
Will I experience symptoms from detoxing?
Some people do experience symptoms. For example, cutting back on caffeine intake can result in a headache. We will talk about how to do this to minimize headaches. Sometimes people feel tired in the beginning, especially if they have relied on caffeine or eat a lot of sugar.
Will it be uncomfortable?
Although infrequent, some patients do have an unfavorable reaction to the changes in diet being recommended. The most common reactions are digestive discomfort, changes in bowel movements or energy levels. Please immediately report to your health professional any adverse reactions that you consider to be out of the ordinary.
Will I be in the bathroom all day?
It is very important to consume extra water while detoxifying to help flush out toxins. Therefore, most people urinate more often than usual on this program.
Will I lose weight?
This detox program is not designed to be a weight loss program. However, many people lose weight during the course of their detox program. Some of the reasons for this weight loss include: lower than usual caloric intake due to having shakes for meals, taking sugar out of the diet, decreased consumption of allergenic foods such as wheat and dairy and release of toxins from fat stores. If you are thin and do not want to lose weight then you will be able to supplement more food.
Will I feel Hungry?
I advise against creating a situation of low blood sugar so, yes, you might feel hungry but you may need to eat more food while on the program and you will have plenty of healthy food choices.
Will I get headaches?
Some people experience headaches during the first few days of their detox due to withdrawal from sugar and caffeine. Remember, the week prior to detox you will be decreasing intake of these substances to minimize discomfort. The cleanse will assist your body in cleansing out these substances as quickly and efficiently as possible.
What if I miss a class?
No worries, all sessions are recorded and you will have a special code to access all webinars at any time through the program.
Why is the course expensive?
A lot of time and preparation goes into creating an online program. Most people usually discover that they save money by not buying unhealthy food, not to mention the health costs that go with continually eating unhealthy foods.
My diet is healthy, will I benefit?
Yes, the cleanse will rejuvenate your body. Even healthy eaters are subject to toxins from the environment.
Join Dr. Lani’s bi-monthly newsletter!
Upcoming Events with Dr. Simpson
March 4 th Wednesday
What Does the Diagnosis of Osteoporosis Mean?
March 18th Wednesday
The Mechanics of Spinal Fractures and How to Prevent Them