Biography of Dr. Lani Simpson, D.C., C.C.D.
Over the past 25 years, Dr. Simpson has established herself as one of the leading experts in women’s health care. Her clinical experience and her multi-disciplinary approach have enabled her to educate thousands of patients and professionals about some of today’s most common health challenges for women.
Dr. Simpson is a chiropractic doctor and a Certified Clinical (bone) Densitometrist (C.C.D.). The International Society of Bone Densitometry awards the C.C.D. certification to those who have demonstrated (though an exam) a mastery of an approved body of knowledge in osteoporosis diagnosis though DXA and CT scans, peripheral x-ray devices and ultrasound devices. A CCD is required to demonstrate proficiency in reading and analyzing bone density test results, bone related lab work and medications used to treat osteoporosis. She was the first alternative doctor to be awarded this certification.
Dr. Simpson produced and presented The Heat is On! Menopause and PMS seminar to health care professionals for the past 15 years. This twelve-hour continuing education course is offered at various venues throughout the United States and has been reviewed and accepted by state boards of chiropractic, acupuncture, nursing, licensed marriage and family therapists and naturopathy.
Dr. Simpson’s Presentation Topics Include:
- Down to the BONE! It is never to early or too late to gain quality bone mass
- Digestive Disorders – diagnosis and alternative treatments
- Menopause and PMS – balancing hormones
- Endocrine-disrupting chemicals in cosmetics
- Skin cancer and sun exposure
- Vitamin D deficiency
- How to lower cholesterol naturally
From 1984 through 1997 Dr. Simpson maintained a successful chiropractic practice. During the early 90’s she observed that many of her female patients were frustrated and confused about what to do regarding symptoms of menopause, PMS, osteoporosis and other health concerns. In 1994 she co-founded the East Bay Menopause and PMS Center and the Osteoporosis Diagnostic Center in Berkeley, CA. Together, these centers included chiropractors, medical doctors, and acupuncturists. This integrated and holistic approach allowed patients and doctors to work together to combine the best options from alternative and Western medicines.
Women’s Health Care Consultant
Dr. Simpson listens to her patients, applies her knowledge and experience, diagnoses problems, and works with her patients to develop realistic plans for improving their health. Health issues she commonly works with include:
- Hormone balancing
- Muscular and structural problems
- Nutritional imbalances
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Digestive disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Adrenal fatigue
- Elevated cholesterol and triglycerides
- Blood sugar balancing
Product line includes:
- The Heat Is On! DVD – Two-hour live presentation with bound notes.
- The Heat Is On! Six CD Set – Seven-hour live seminar presentation with bound notes.
- Webinars live and taped
- On-going cleanse program – Dump the JUNK!
Qualifications and experience
- Certified Clinical Densitometrist
- Doctor of Chiropractic degree, Life Chiropractic College West (1983)
- Producer Down to the BONE! CEU course that includes 5 hours radiology credit
- Producer of the national Heat Is ON! Menopause and PMS seminars – an accredited teaching program for chiropractors, acupuncturists, naturopaths, nurses and psychotherapists
- Co-founder of the East Bay Menopause and PMS Center (1994)
- Co-founder of the East Bay Osteoporosis Diagnostic Center (1994)
- LIFE chiropractic faculty – Instructor of Gynecology, Spinal Anatomy, Radiology, Diversified adjusting technique
- Bachelor degree in psychology, Antioch West University (1978)
- Iyengar Yoga certification
- Speaking Circle facilitator certification
- Certified massage therapist
- Vipassana Meditation practitioner since 1973